Load Time Influences Lead GenerationJanuary 16, 2015 12:53 pm
Speed Things Up to Generate Leads
Choosing design over function is a common misstep in the world of internet marketing. We think that the great sites are only defined by; large images, videos, or slide shows will engage customers, but website visitors tend to care more about speed than these features. In addition to the customers’ impatience, page loading time is becoming a more important factor when it comes to search engine rankings.
Wondering how your load time impacts your bottom line?
Here are some quick facts:
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
That is a 1 second difference between capturing a customers’ interest and losing their business. It is estimated that this 1 second results in 7% lower conversion rate. To put this into perspective, if an e-commerce site anticipates $100,000 in revenue a day from online sales, this 1 second delay can cost $2.5m a year!
So how many customers experience this?
- 73% of mobile internet users say that they’ve visited a website that was too slow to load.
- 51% of mobile internet users say that they have experience a website that crashed, froze, or received an error.
- 38% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that wasn’t available.
Bottom line – it’s time to speed things up to generate more leads!