E360 had the opportunity to attend MozCon, an industry-leading 3-day SEO conference, in Seattle for the third time. The talent level of the speakers, networking opportunities, and content of the sessions is unmatched, in our opinion.
Here are some next-level insights & takeaways from Day 1 of the conference:
- Organic search results get 20x the clicks as paid results.
- Takeaway: While Search PPC generates high-quality traffic (especially in the real estate industry), this channel should not be a substitute for SEO. These channels are complimentary parts of a digital strategy.
- Knowledge graphs, carousels, answers, and video are dominating above the fold and keeping people from getting to your website.
- Takeaway: The future of the web is more about brands & entities over websites.
- 50% of all traffic goes to just 74 websites, including Zillow.
- Takeaway: Target the biggest site to get backlinks from, even if you have to pay for it.
- Local factors filter more searches than anything else.
- Takeaway: Segment your website’s experience by specific neighborhoods, submarkets, & communities.