In July, two members of the E360 team went to the largest SEO community’s conference that focused on several aspects of digital marketing. Much of it was focused on search engine optimization, as Moz is one of the biggest players in the SEO space. Here are the highlights of some of the main topics covered:
- Google is starting to understand how we feel about what we find. If you can’t give someone what they’re looking for, send them to a place they can find it.
- SERP features will eventually affect every industry. When is Google going to integrate real estate listings into search results? They already have job listings, shopping, flights, etc.
- Google knows it’s faster and better at presenting your information to users. Mobile-first indexing will integrate more than just websites in the next few years – Google will start to incorporate your data directly into their results whether it’s through json feeds, schema, or their cached version of your website.
Paid Search & Paid Social:
- Retargeting continues to be one of the most cost-effective tactics in the marketing mix.
- Mobile video needs to be designed with Platform first. Focus on the top performing platforms first, i.e. Facebook, Instagram.
- Email marketing is one of the key channels to building brand trust.
- Low spam reports and unsubscribes are great indicators of email marketing success.
- Ask the “6 w’s” when sending out email campaigns.
- Who are you sending to?
- What do you want them to do?
- When is it appropriate to send the message?
- Where will the recipient read it?
- Why should they care?
- How are you going to measure success?
Conversion Rate Optimization:
- Use customer reviews, quantitative surveys, and qualitative surveys to help build converting copy. If you don’t have this information, consider using your competitor’s data.
- Orange converts better than any other color.
- Drive conversion by providing a personalized experience to your users.
All in all, the e360 duo had an awesome time learning the latest trends in the industry and attending the awesome events Moz hosted. Seriously, they put on a good show. If you’re ever looking for a digital conference to attend, be sure to check this one out!
Check out the playlist from the conference here: MozCon 2017 Playlist